Friday, July 6

I'm Published!





Today I received a package in the mail and I had no clue who it would be from. So I opened it and saw this! The Knitting Pattern a Day (2008) Calender!



I didn't order it so I must have got one of my patterns accepted!

I paged through to find my Baby Pixy Hat pattern staring right at me. How cool is that?!

My sister also got a pattern published but I'll let her tell you about that!


It is really cool to see a pattern you wrote (however simple it is) be printed up on a shiny page of a calendar. I even have a few other patterns that I'm going to submit for the 2009 calendar. If you have any patterns (knit or crochet) you can go here and submit your own patterns!

On to other things.

I finished the aqua baby set for the shop. I've started the yellow. These things just fly off the needles!

Last night was knitting night out at the shop. I decided to bring my Mable dress home.

I tried it on C, its a bit big, but all that time I spent on it makes me want to have her wear it all the time! I made booties to match, L's feet were too big for her to wear them and they just barely fit C. I think I might put some elastic in them to keep them on. I also want to get a ball of the yarn and make a diaper cover to match. I know that the dye lot wont be the same but I'm sure it wont be that big of a difference.



We picked our first cucumber and yellow squash form our garden! I love fresh veggies!

I hope you all (in the states) had a wonderful Fourth of July! Ours was pretty good. We did the parade thing, then tried to nap, that didn't work out. then we went to a picnic where they had a big swimming pool. The kids love the water. We put some water wings on them and they were fearless. I really need to get them in some swimming lessons, quick!

From there we went to the fire works! I took a few pics and thought this one turned out pretty.

I think that about sums up our weekend...

Knit happy!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

How exciting! Sending my heartfelt congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Hey! Me too! My pattern is the Reverse Psockology socks on Jan 27th (I think - around then anyway!) I had no idea it was going to be in!

Samantha said...

Congratulations!! :)

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Congrats on having your pattern accepted! That is awesome!

That little dress is adorable!

Diane said...

Congrats on your pattern--how cool is that?!
I love your baby in her dress--it is so sweet.

StarKnits said...

congrats! i didn't get mine yet, hopefully tomorrow!

Heather said...

congrats!! The hats are so cute! You are so talented, a natural gift you have!

Karen said...

How great!! Congrats on being a knit-wear designer. :)

Sue said...

How wonderful for you to have a pattern published. Congratulations! I love those calendars and will have to order that one too I think. Love the fireworks picture, very pretty. I remember when you knit that dress for the shop too. I would be putting it on C to wear all the time too, and a matching diaper cover, how adorable an idea.

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Can you imagine? A bazillion people all over the world will be making your hat! Children everywhere will have photos of them "when they were little" in your hat. Warm fuzzy childhood memories of your hat!

Pretty cool! You're changing the world, one knitting project at a time.

Beth said...

I absolutely LOVE your published patterns!! You Rock!! Obviously, you know that since you were just nominated for the "Rockin' Girl Blogger"!! LOL!! That's awesome! Keep up it up!!