Thursday, November 1

Thursday happenings





I thought I'd give you all a garden update. I know its Oct I mean November but a few weeks ago we picked all of our green tomatoes and are letting them ripen on their vines. I have enough to make a batch of sauce. Yesterday we did a picking of broccoli and peppers, there are surprisingly a few left I wonder how long they'll last out side.















Last weekend was my LYS's open house. I had (got to) work out there. If that was the only job I needed I'd just love it! Anyways during one of the down times one sweet lady Rana(who has the neatest accent, she's from Texas, I just love it) was teaching everyone who wanted to how to crochet a scrubbie. Now I've only crocheted once before when my sister Allena showed me a couple of years ago. But it was fun and I love the scrubbie, isn't it cute?! All you need is some netting from your local fabric department, cut it into 2 inch strips and crochet away, I think it took me less than an hour, way easy!






Today I figured I'd bake some cookies while Gabe was at school. Chloe was napping so I had the perfect little helper!

I love baking on knitting nights, then I don't end up eating them all while they sit on my counter at home.


Leah gets things out and helps me measure, we count and pour, then she puts the ingredients away! What a team :O)










Oh and the cookies, got to have a picture of them! They are called Chocolate Fudgies. Its almost like brownies.... mmmm


Want the recipe?!







Chocolate Fudgies

8oz semisweet chocolate melted 1cup flour
1/4 cup cocoa powder

1 teaspoon baking powder

1/2 teaspoon salt

6 tablespoons butter, room temp

1 cup sugar

2 eggs

1 teaspoon vanilla

1 teaspoon instant espresso powder

3/4 cup real semisweet chocolate chips or chunks

1cup coarsely chopped walnuts

*Preheat oven to 375 degrees

Melt chocolate, set aside
Sift together flour,cocoa, baking powder and salt, set aside
Cream butter and sugar.
Add eggs, vanilla and espresso powder.
Add the melted chocolate
Stir in the flour mixture
Add the chocolate chips or chunks(or both) and walnuts (the dough will be stiff).

Spoon out or scoop out dough and bake for 15~ish minutes. Until cookies are dry on the outer edge but soft in the middle. Take out of the oven and let cool, then transfer to a cooling rack for further cooling.
Enjoy!








Oh and just for fun. Two of my cutie pies!


2 comments:

Karen said...

Wow, amazing that you are still getting veggies!! That scrubby is a great idea - sounds quick and looks so useful. Mmmmm, the cookies look divine.

Sophie Featherblade said...

First, I absolutely hope my children are as cute as yours. That last picture is precious.

Second, after much hassel with the university post office, your box is finally on its way. I'm very excited to see what you think about it!

You are an amazing Swap Partner, and I ADORE my socks-- I'm wearing them right now ;)

-Megan
(Sophie)