Tuesday, October 28

Pumpkin Pecan Rock Cakes


These are so yummy, and perfect for this harvest season! I thought I'd share the recipe with you!

Now let me explain a bit. they are called rock cakes for 2 reasons. one they look like rocks, and two they are the consistency of a cake. Light, moist and pumpkinie! Some might call them cookies but to me they are far from cookie in texture, maybe in size but that is it:O)

all right here you go.

Pumpkin Pecan Rock Cakes

Preheat your oven to 350*

Cream:
1 1/2 cups butter
1 1/2 cups sugar

Add:
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups of pumpkin
1 tsp. vanilla

Mix and Add:
3 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp cloves
3/8 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

Add:
1 1/2 cups pecans (or walnuts)

drop on a cookie sheet using a spoon or a cookie scoop and bake for 15-20 min. depending on the size. (when toothpick comes out clean) Let cool and then mix the frosting.

Melt together:
3/4 stick of butter (6Tbsp)
1 cup brown sugar

Add and Mix:
1 1/4 cup powdered sugar.

*add some water to thin, if you need to. Should be creamy and golden, not runny.

Spoon or brush over rock cakes & Enjoy!



Just for the cuteness factor..... the kids on a Wednesday night a few weeks ago ready to go to Awana at our church! I can't believe Leah is a Cubbie and Gabe is in Sparks now. My how they grow!

4 comments:

Paulette said...

Mmmmm my mouth is watering! And it's time for bed, so there's no way I'm going to start baking now---but soon.....I already know how good they are! I'm glad you're blogging again--- :)

Paulette

Sue said...

They look so delicious and I dont even like pumpkin. My how big your children have grown too, and so quickly.

StarKnits said...

i'm so going to have to make some!
the kids are looking great. that photo cracks me up. leah looks so cute and chloe looks so surprised and gabe what a ham!

Diane said...

I was wondering why they were called rocks! They sound delicious--I love pumpkin baked goods, especially this time of year.

The kids are adorable, as always!