Saturday, May 19

Sheering days

Today was sheering days out at the shop! It was fun, and actually it is going to be next week Saturday too. From 10 - 4 if anyone is in the area! Come and visit the cute llamas!

I thought I'm bake some cookies to share out at the shop. I actually tried a new recipe! And for those who know me I usually stick to the same old chocolate chip cookies(with a hint of cinnamon). I was pleasantly surprised, they were really yummy!

They were so good I'm going to share the recipe with you all!

My mother actually forwarded them to me a while ago but they
came without a name...

so here they are:


1c. butter
1c. sugar
1c. brown sugar

2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2c. flour
2 1/2c. oatmeal (measure then blend in a blender to a fine powder)
1/2tsp. salt

1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
12 oz chocolate chips
4 oz Hershey Bar(grated)
1 1/2 c nuts (your choice) *I used walnuts

Cream the butter and both sugars. Add eggs and vanilla, mix together with flour, oatmeal, salt, baking soda, and powder. Add chocolate chips, Hershey Bar, and nuts. Roll into balls and place two inches apart on a cookie sheet. Bake for 11 to 15 minutes at 375 degrees.

They are really yummy, like a cross between a chocolate chip and an oatmeal cookie

I think I'll dub them the Oatmeal Chip Cookie. Sounds good right?!

Ok, so sheering days... here are one of the Llamas new do's. Isn't she cute?!

They are so skinny under all that fiber!

Here is another one before Sheering. I just love llamas, I can't wait until I can move out of the city and have a wee bit of land and have a few animals of my very own! I'm not sure if that will ever happen but you never know.

A fellow spinner and goat raiser brought some of her cute little angora goats(this is just their name, they produce mohair, weird I know)to join in the fun. They are only 7 weeks old! I captured the darker one nibbling on the others horn. I thought it was too cute! (click for bigger, on all pics)

I'd like some of these too. On my land I'd also have some chickens so we could have fresh eggs every morning. I'd probably have to get some sheep to just so I could have some wool too. I'm not asking for much but a few of each type of animal. *grin*

I'd love to live in the middle of nowhere and j
ust live off the land, as much as we could anyways. Have some animals and a great big garden. You know go back to the simple but hard working lifestyle. Hubby would totally go for that too. He loves to hunt too so we'd be covered in the meat department too. So really its just a matter of the funds. I really dislike how almost everything comes down to money. I know its not really in my hands, God has a plan for me and I'm just suggesting what I think I might like. But he is the only one who really knows what will become of me and my dreams of living nowhere raising my animals and growing a garden....


So I singed up to bring in treats to our ABF(adult bible fellowship) tomorrow, and I instantly thought of rhubarb. My MIL gave me this awesome recipe for rhubarb kuchen. Its one of my favorite things ever! The rhubarb came from her backyard too. Anyways it just came out of the oven. It smells soooo yummy! Here is a pic! If we could only send smells through the internet...

Have a lovely weekend.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Thanks for sharing the cookie recipe, they do look yummy. The workshop looks like it was a lot of fun too. I would love to live in the country too, but my hubby likes everything within walking distance (darn man LOL). Looks like ya'll had a great weekend!

Heather said...

Yummy cookies!! :) The llamas do look silly when they get their necks shaved, but I'm sure they're much cooler. I could see you and your fam livin' in the country being self sufficient. Not us though. We'll be your city friends that you can come visit. :)

Karen said...

Oooh, cute little animals and yummy treats!! What could make a better blog post. Thanks for sharing all the pictures.

Sue said...

Okay Jessica, what does the c stand for in the recipe. We dont use that over here, and I would like to try and make some, they sound delicious. The llamas do look adorable dont they. Ah to live in the country would be so nice, and just sit and knit and bake, do a bit of gardening too, oh paradise. Let's hope that one day we can both accomplish our dreams.

Anonymous said...

That is the famous "Niemann-Marcus Cookie Recipe" you've got there! They are yummy, aren't they? (If you don't know the story behind them, I'm sure you can google it.)
LT in Austin