Wednesday, August 6

Where have i been?!

I don't even know where to start. July just flew by. I've been busy and not all at the same time.

I just had my last day of work today! I can now officially be a SAHM!!!! I'm so excited. I can't wait to be able to have a normal sleeping schedule. I don't even know what that's like. For the past 6 years I've either been pregnant, had a newborn, been working, or any of those in some sort of combination. I am super excited about sleeping. Silly I know.

So i know i can't catch you all up on my complete happenings over the past month.... but for today I'll start with my knitting. I had a few friends that had a baby or are pregnant currently, so baby knits are the theme.





here we go. Oh if you want more details go and check out my ravelry page.








Ok so first up is a baby blanket i made for a friend who had her first baby, a little girl!
I lined it with satin.... my first experience with sewing a lining on something!















Also for her I made a pacifier clip.


I made another one for a different friend too.

















And some of the best bibs in the world.













her sister in-law had a baby boy a week after so i wiped up another pacifier clip, and some bibs(yes the best in the whole world)




























I also managed to finish my last minute socks for SAM2008. Gabe has been wanting green socks and I had some cascade 220 superwash laying around.


























I'm also working on my first ever Elizabeth Zimmerman pattern. A tomten for a soon to be baby, the gender is going to be a surprise so I'm knitting it in an oatmeal color and going to edge it with either a teal or a pink, depending on weather its a boy or a girl.








I think that's it for knitting.... I'm sure I'll have more to talk about in the days to come. Hopefully I'll feel like blogging more now that i don't feel stressed from working.














oh yeah, i chopped off my hair last week! About 13inches, gone! i love it!


here is a (bad) before picture just for comparison.



10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute Haircut and the blanket is so nicely finished.

I am praying for you. I hope you are well and enjoying staying at home with the kids.

Sue said...

I love your hair short, it makes you look so young and vibrant. Enjoy the SAHM time it will be worth every second, and the sleep too. The baby gifts are beautiful, and I especially love those pacifier clips.

Suzanne said...

Hey girl, you were missed! :) Congrats on the SAHM thing, its the best!! Love all the baby stuff :) Your hair is absoluetly gorgeous!! Ya look soooo cute. Very fun!!
Suzanne

Sonya said...

You have been busy making really cute projects! I love your haircut too.

DawnK said...

No wonder you've had no time to blog! You've been busy! I love all the projects you've done. The blanket is gorgeous! The pacifier clips are so cute and the bibs will be great!

I love Gabe's socks. I can't wait to see a picture of the sweater, with it's fancy edging!

Great haircut. It's very cute!

Rebecca Jo said...

OK - every single one of the baby knits are just beautiful! I've never seen a pacifier clip like that before - too cute!!

And the new hair do is just adorable! I bet its so much easier to take care of! I've always been jealous of people who can pull off short hair! Looks great!

Amanda said...

Congrats on getting to stay at home. I've been doing it for three years and I love it. Love the baby knits! And your hair looks so cute!

Samantha said...

Your hair looks great! Congrats on being a SAHM. It's so much fun! :)

The knits look great. Where did you get the pacifier clips?

Anonymous said...

That paci clip is genius, and you look adorable with short hair! Thanks for your kind words on ravelry (I'm kjknits there).

Eileen said...

Congrats on being a SAHM! Hope you're enjoying your sleep! I LOVE sleeping! :-) My youngest doesn't always sleep through the night but it's not too bad.

Your hair looks great!