Friday, March 23

Yippie skippie!

Good news! We recieved a great deal on a basic cable and internet package through charter communications... $30 a month for 12 months. I just couldn't pass it up. We paid off our credit card debt and have a little bit of extra cash. So I convinced hubby to let us get back on line! I'm so excited, that means I can blog regularly again! I can't believe I haven't posted in over a month. Things have been crazy busy, I wonder why?!

My little Leah had her 2nd birthday on the 19th. she is getting so big! We sorta celebrated it for three days. With us, the in-laws and my parents. The kids loved it! Gabe didn't think it was too fair, but I kept explaining that it was her special day, and that on his birthday it would be his turn to have a special day. I think he finally got the idea, but he still wan't to thrilled with it. We bought her a tricycle, she loved it! It was even nice enough to let her ride it outside for a bit. Of course i forgot to take pictures... so you get the ones of her in the kitchen. She loved the helmet and pads so much she wore them for over an hour!

Here she is last year on her 1st birthday...
they grow so fast. What a little girly girl she is. I can't believe my little baby girl is growing up.

My 2nd little baby girl, Chloe is getting so big. Just like her sister, she got those big chubby cheekers. She has been flashing her little smile for the past couple of weeks. I caught it on camera while her cousin Lilly was holding her. Cutie pies!

I'm going to be going back to work in a week or two. They are pretty flexible, its ultimatly up to me. It will only be for two days a week, which isn't so bad, but just the thought of it makes me sad.


A few weeks ago I had started to wear my slippers thin and in some spots there were holes. What did I do?! Throw them in the washer to re-felt them... Hello? when did I forget how to use my brain... I should have used some yarn to do a patch job but i didn't. The result, even bigger holes than were there before. Bummer. I guess on the plus side its is starting to get warmer out and I will have time to knit, yet another pair, before next winter. Final note to self: Never think a hole will just felt to itself.

In the past month I've done a good amount of spinning. I forgot to take a picture of all of it before giving it to Brigitte. I still have a few "balls" of roving left to spin, but I did most of it, about 4 pounds so far.

I've also knit a baby kimono for Chloe... I just have to put the finishing touches on it... so stay tuned! thanks to all of you for being so nice and leaving such swet comments on last months post, Its always nice to hear from ya'll!

Take care. Happy knitting!

4 comments:

StarKnits said...

that's totally cool you are online now! and i love all the pix of the kids.

Sue said...

Ooh I hope you can update on a more regular basis. I love the baby pic with her cousin, so cute. Leah has grown up quite a lot hasnt she. Happy Birthday Leah! Hope you all have a great week.

Amy Lu said...

Yippeee!

I think I am going to call Charter myself and lean on them to give us that deal!!!

I am so sad that I missed Leah's birthday! We'll have to do something about that.

http://somecallthemsticks.typepad.com

Kimberly said...

Oh I can understand being bummed about going back to work-I was home for 5 years and sooo bummed I had to go back. Here in Germany they give you a whopping 3 years per child and your job is still guaranteed. Of course, I took advantage of it but I was sad to go back. Now that I'm back it's really quite fun. Your girls are adorable. Isn't it unfair how fast the time flies?