Thursday, December 14

Flash your tree!


I'm going to copy my sister and flash my tree. I love having out tree all lit up! It just brings a nice warm cozy feeling to the house. It kids are constantly taking ornaments off and I'm always the one to put them back on. Well actually Gabe does too, but then they all end up in a foot diameter all crammed together. Then I have to do it anyways:) Most of the ornaments are mine from my childhood and then there are ones that we have received as gifts. Gabe has his first 3 years of ornaments and shamefully I have to say that we forgot to get Leah one last year... I'll just have to get her two this year. Sorry baby! She'll forgive me, right?! She has really been diggin on my first ornament, Its a little baby in a bassinet. "bebe bebe bebe" that's what I've been hearing for the past few days.

We received a package from my sister Dawn, and clearly on the front Do not open until Christmas! is stated in red print. My initial reaction was a scream and then dang, that sucks! Its so much fun to get packages but to not be able to open them is really hard. Gabe keeps asking if its Christmas time yet, its kinda cute. I keep telling him, no but it's getting closer. He is at a really fun age this time of year! I love it!

A few days ago I was checking all the blogs I read (when I get the chance) and my sister had made some ginger snap cookies. Yummy yummy! I just had to make them, they turned out really well. I have to say I've never made those before.

Today is Thursday, and that means knitting at the yarn shop! But tonight is our Christmas potluck knitting party! So I decided to make some chocolate chip tea cakes. First of all the usually are just rolled into balls and baked like that. Well I had to roll out the dough and use a tiny star cookie cutter(which really hurt my fingers). Then I wanted to drizzle red and green dyed white chocolate over them but they didn't turn out quite like I had planned. They are pink and green, and the chocolate wasn't draping the cookies the way I would have liked. Some even broke right off the cookies when I moved them. Next time I'll just use a powder sugar frosting. Oh yeah, if you'd please draw you attention to the big blob of green chocolate... I going for cheap and was using little plastic baggies to pipe the chocolate onto the cookies and mid-drizzle the seam ripped open making a huge blob on a few cookies. Next time I'm positive they will look a lot better, and not so home made.

None of that matters because I'm excited to get out tonight! It should be fun, lots of food and maybe some knitting thrown in for fun! Hope your all having a good week! Take care:)

4 comments:

Karen said...

Oooh, I love your cute tree!!! And your star cookies look wonderful. Since when is a big blob of chocolate on a cookie a bad thing? Sounds like the cookie everyone would fight over. :)

Sue said...

Your Christmas tree is so pretty. I am sure Leah will forgive you for not buying an ornament last year, just let her pick one out this year to make up for it. I love the cookies and all that icing looks delicious. How yummy!

StarKnits said...

love the tree. aren't the ginger snaps DELICIOUS?
i had to make up for madison's first couple of christmas ornaments.don't feel bad! i'm sure mom told me that she had to get a fill in once in a while.
ok so chocolate and cookies.. can't go wrong. and what is wrong with homemade?? rock ON sister! LOL

Amy Lu said...

Only a preggie would put that much chocolate on some cookies! (just kidding, they were delish!

Check out my blog, you've been tagged (and yes, you still have to respond even though you probably won't check you email for another month....) :o)