Wednesday, January 18

Quick knit mitts

My class went very well last night! I'm relieved. She (one person didn't show) actually knew what she was doing and caught on to new things very quickly. She made my job easy peasy:o) We are doing a basic hat pattern with a 2x2 rib and then just St st. The only thing I don't like is that they are knitting it flat... I'm a in the round type of girl. Oh well. My first project was a hat knit flat... I guess we all need to start with the basics.

I started these last night and finished them this afternoon. I just knit them from my own design... They aren't anything special but they will keep my little girls fingers toasty warm! The yarn is cascade 220, gotta love that stuff. I think I'm going to make a matching hat with earflaps and pompoms hanging from an i-cord on them. Here are a few shots of Leah
trying on her new mitts! The fuzzy stuff was bought at a close out clearance sale... I Love sales!

Gabe is better today, thank goodness! Thank you all for your well-wishes and good lucks! I truly do appreciate all of you! You all rock!

I had the shop owner of my lys order some yarn for a sweater I'm going to be knitting as a sample... I'll post more about it when the time comes... I'm very excited about it this will be my first sweater for myself! So stay tuned!

Alright its is nearing dinner time, the kiddos are restless, gatta jet! Knit on!

6 comments:

Amy Lu said...

Way cute mits! You are so quick!!! And we actually have cold weather to use them!

I'm going to take some polka dot pics of Iris to post on my blog. I just have to get some good lighting....

I can't wait to see the hat!

StarKnits said...

sounds like fun! how did you ever get into this knitting and teaching at your LYS? i wanna do that... do they pay you? better yet do they pay you in yarn? those mittens are great!

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

The mittens are really cute! Do they have thumbs in them, or are they the thumbless kind for babies/small children?

chris said...

The little mittens are just adorable! You knit so fast! And Leah looks so happy with them on- who could resist that huge smile of hers? ;-) I'm so glad to hear that Gabe's feeling better and that your class went well last night. It must be so wonderful to pass your knitting knowledge on to others and to see them get excited about knitting. Take care, Jessica! :-)

stricken madchen said...

Glad to hear your class went well. And those mittens are too cute! Leah seems to be enjoying modeling them too...hehe.

Kimberly said...

Those mittens are great-you did that fast. I'm glad to hear the little man is feeling better!!