1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?
Yes, i've been raised as one. i can't stand when the yarn squeeks when your knitting with it. crunchy & squeeky = bad.
2. Do you spin? Crochet?
I just recently learned how to spin, and love it! its very relaxing.
3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)
4. How long have you been knitting?
It will be one year in july :)
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
not yet, but i'll work on it... really soon!
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
i love candles that make it smell like you just baked something yummy! pies, cookies, you know the good kind!
7. Do you have a sweet tooth?
i LOVE chocoloate, (i should really say milk chocolate) and almost all sweets. i'm not to keen on the dark stuff, milk is so much creamier:)
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
knitting?! umm... i use to draw back in highschool.
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
all kinds, within reason, no death metal;)
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
i like most colors, right now i'm into pink, who knows what it will be tomorrow:)
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
my hubby(joe) and i have two beautiful children. gabe is two and leah is two months. and we have one cat, named tommy.
12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)
to raise my children to be caring and loving people, with families of thier own.*snif snif* its amaising how your priorities change once you have a child... i would love to own a yarn/coffee/chocolate shop (with my sister)and own some llamas and bunnies:) and whatever other animals want to live with us to give thier fiber up for the good of knitting.
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
i love all, natural, fibers. i haven't been knitting long enough to have a super favorite, but anything that is soft, and doesn't squeek, is great.
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
like i said: crunchy & squeeky = bad. :)
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
anything and everything! right now i'd like to start something a bit more difficult.
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
baby hats go real quick... and they look so cute.
17. What are you knitting right now?
a dress for my little girl (actually all i have to do is seam it up), socks, and i just got yarn in the mail(tonight!) to start a peek-a-boob tank from knitty!
18. What do you think about ponchos?
i wanted to make one a while ago but now i'm not so sure... i'd have to really like it.
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
i've been on a circular kick lately. you can knit anything with them!
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
bamboo all the way! but i've heard great things about addi turbos.
21. Are you a sock knitter?
i think so... i'm just now starting my first pair, i'm liking them a lot!
22. How did you learn to knit?
from the best teacher in the world! amy. almost a year ago she invited me to her knitting group and worked her magic on me:) she has raised me well in the world of knitting.
23. How old is your oldest UFO?
9 months. a sweater for my son, i've never sewed in the ends...
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
i use to love the power puff girls... but that was quite a while ago... now i like whatever my son watches.
25. What is your favorite holiday?
i love christmas time! i'm usually giddy for a few months straight. i love the music, decorations and all the lights! its a great time of year, not to mention the real reason for the season, Christ was born on christmas day!
26. Is there anything that you collect?
yarn and knitting books:)
27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
none yet... i will be getting Cast On, when i join the knitting guild association. whenever i get around to it.
28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on?
none that i can think of at the moment... i'll let you know if i ever think of one, in a later post.