Saturday, June 4

Knit picks

The other night I came home to find a package waiting for me at my doorstep... yipee! It was my order from knit picks:



There are a couple sock yarns, five(rhubarb colored) 100% merino wool for my peek-a-boob tank from knitty, and the orange,brown and green are going to be made into dinosaurs. I found some really cute patterns and thought I'd try them out. I also bought another sock book, Knitting on the Road. It has a lot of nice patterns that I'd love to try. There are so many things that I want to knit and I feel like I have no time.

I still haven't put the mabel dress together yet. I did make an attempt though. About a week ago I pinned it all out and got out my iron and started to steam it. Two minutes later it decided to die on me... Now I need to go buy a new one. And it seems I always forget about it when I'm at the store. One of these days I'll remember. Meanwhile I have started a new baby hat (for my mother's friend, she's a new grandma)



and I started my first sock ever!! I'm excited about this.



I did have to start it over a couple of times, but I think it will look good in the end, and I'll be happy with it.

Ok so my oldest sister came for a visit and I got to spend a lot of time with her before she moves 18 hours away. It was a bunch
of fun and I was so glad she decided to come up here to Wisconsin. I didn't knit much while she was here, and thats why I haven't posted in a while. I love having family around, it so comforting. It is weird to think fifteen years ago my siblings and I all lived in the same house(except Trevor, he is only 13, almost 14 years old, he wasn't around then:). Now we are off in different parts of the world, or should I say they are in different parts of the world. a brother in Korea(marines), and a sister in Germany, one soon to be in Colorado, and I'm here in good old Wisconsin(Trevor too:). I'm anxiously awaiting the time when we can all be together in one place at the same time. That hasn't happened for a good five or six years.... Well enough of that... I need to knit:) he he
happy knitting!

1 comment:

StarKnits said...

LOL and you HATED us! LOL that's what's funny about the whole thing! LOL that yarn is just awesome! be waiting for a package from me! TTYL