Friday, April 20

Rag doll


I finished knitting the doll pieces on wednesday.




She went from looking like this:








To this, all stuffed. But I couldn't go to bed until I pieced her together.













Which looked like this:
It was 1 AM when I finally made myself go to bed. I really wanted to do her hair but I resisted the temtation.










Thursday nights are made for knitting...So Last night I went over to Heathers' house and put her hair on. It took forever!

For the next one
I'm giving her shorter hair. But I really liked the way she turned out!

It was a really easy pattern. One thing I did mess with though... It called for everything to be knit flat and then semmed up. So I just knit it all in the round. A LOT easier!



L loves her! Here is some proof!





This morning L told us she had to go potty. And she actually went! I decided to go with it! I put her in underwear and decided to not turn back. Except for at nap time and night time. She has had a few accidents today but I think she'll get the hang of it in a few days! Wish us luck!
She is such a smart little girl, I know she can do it, I really think its up to me to put the effort into it. Thats kinda how it was with G, when we(hubby and i) finally went all or nothing he was trained in a few days. I'm hoping for the best!



kNiT hApPy!

6 comments:

Sue said...

I must say that you did a fantastic job on the doll's hair. I think that is the hardest part. It even looks like L too, so they are like little twins. How cute and adorable, and good luck with the potty training too.

Samantha said...

The doll is adorable!

Hooray for potty training.

StarKnits said...

Love the doll! it's sooo cute! i think i have that pattern around here somewhere..
go potty training! if i cold get my DH on board for that i'd toally do that... sigh..

PS my word verification is
yrnvor... get it yarn over.. LOL i'm a dork i know

Metro Mari said...

Those are the cutest dolly & girl picture ever! Thank you for sharing. It made my morning!

Amanda said...

You doll turned out adorable!!! She looks like she really likes it by looking at the pics of her holding it. Good luck with the potty training. I especially like the pics of her kissing and hugging her new doll :)

froggiemeanie said...

The dolly is soooooo cute. I gotta get me that pattern.