Saturday, June 16

Baby booties!


I have to confess that Amy turned me on to these little gems. She was making them last week for her niece and told me where they were from, Last Minute Knitted Gifts. I was like hey I have that book! So last night I made these. They went really quick and the technique is really cool! You double knit the toe and it turns out like knitting in the round but you knit it flat. Very cool, if you have the book go and check it out, it ROCKS!

I'm not sure what yarn this is. I bought it at a craft store when it was going out of business a year or two ago. It worked nicely for these booties. The only bad thing is that they are a bit small on C, so I'll be making her another pair, a little longer and giving these to someone who will be having a little girl, with small feet.

I do know a couple of people who are going to be having girls, at least that's what the ultrasound tech said;-) But you never know, its only 99% accurate.

Anyways I thought I'd throw in a few pics of C modeling them.




HEY ALL YOU DADS~
Happy
(early) Fathers Day!

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

4 comments:

Karen said...

Ooooh, those are so cute!! I never really paid attention to them in the book because they are knit out of that very fuzzy yarn. But in the yarn you used, they are adorable!!

Beth said...

Hey Jessica!!

I love your blog! You really cover all kinds of things! Knitting, camping, running! I'm soooo impressed that you are getting up and running!! Just today Russ told me that I should go running! I just can't get myself to go though! I'm pretty active in my job and when I'm home I just feel tired! Anyways, I really enjoy reading your blog! You have so many talents!

Here are some quotes that I like:

Charles De Montesquieu
This is how I define talent; it is a gift that God has given us in secret, which we reveal without knowing it.

--------------------------------

Benjamin Franklin
Hide not your talents. They for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade.

LOL!! Ben is so funny!! Anyways, I really think you are so talented and I love it!

God bless you and your family! :)

Sue said...

Do you know that we have quite a few people expecting babies throughout the year, and so far everyone of them has been girls, even in blogland too. I must check out those super cute booties too as I have the book as well, but never really remember certain patterns until I see someone in blogland knit it up.

StarKnits said...

that hat is wonderful! i had made a wonderful comment but blogger ate it.
the kids are looking so good.
every time i read your blog i wish we lived closer together!
i loved talking with you on the phone the other day.

so you'd be proud i've been practicing my continetial knitting hopefully i'll get better at it. i don't like the purl that much that way. maybe then i can kick up my knitting that way.