Tuesday, November 14

High gear:)

Here I am again, with one more FO. I'm not sure how it's happening. This past week or so I've been spitting out FO like there's no tomorrow. Don't get me wrong, I'm deffenitly not complaining. I guess my knitting is just in high gear right now. The fact that they are super simple projects, no brainer knitting, adds to it I'm sure. Either way its a good feeling.

This is a hat and mitt set for Leah. Its a superwash wool that I held double on US #6. All I have left to do is kitchener stitch one mitt and make a crochet chain to connect them, I'm not going to let her loose them. My favorite part is the tear drop thing at the top (and two smaller ones on the end of the ties)... I didn't want the traditional pom pom and thats what I came up with. Leah calls them "baaall". Here she is holding one up and saying that.

I really think the fact that I want to start some socks for myself is really motivating me to get everyone elses things done first. Its just not right to knit for yourself when others are in need;)

3 comments:

Karen said...

Those are so cute!!! I love the "baalll" picture too. :)

StarKnits said...

love the hat set! leah is getting soo big!
i sent you an email with the link to the pattern a day calendar for ya!
hugs

Sue said...

We have missed reading your blog, so I was glad to see that your sister said you were blogging again. Your kids have grown up so much, and another on the way. Do you know what you are having. The slippers look fantastic, and the baby gift basket looks so cute too. Well done on spinning your own yarn too, and th socks look nice and toasty. Cant wait to read more.